This is a question I posed recently to everyone at Alethes' Home Office.
19 of us answered...."happiness."
Other answers included:
* Wholeness:That is…something to fill the God-shaped hole in their life
* We are all in pursuit of knowledge and understanding
* I believe it was Pascal that said that within each person's heart there is a special sized hole that only God can fill. That is what most people are trying to fill - so in a word - completeness. Maslow called it self actualization - he was full of bologna.
* Inner peace
* A close relationship with God. Even if we do not know who God is, there is that deep desire that God put in us to seek out that relationship with him.
* A reason to exist... something everyone has, whether they know it or not.
* I believe it is happiness (in whatever form “everyone” thinks happiness comes in – be it financial peace, a home of their own, a stable job that they enjoy, etc).
* Psychologists have pretty much narrowed it down to the “feeling of being needed”.
* Truth, justice and the American way…Happiness
* A purpose
* Happiness – but what I think people really want is contentment and joy which are spiritual attributes!
* Jesus Christ
* Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Oh, you want one thing…………………………..uh,………to be financially secure. There can be a lot of these. And of course, everyone has their own opinion. You can add………..early retirement.
* To do what you want to do, when you want to do it."
* TOMORROW. BECAUSE IT NEVER COMES, SO YOU ARE ALWAYS IN PURSUIT OF.
* I am in pursuit of living my life now to live my life eternally with Christ and all of my loved ones.
* Happiness is the first thing that popped in my mind, but that has such a wide definition that I have to say for my self is "Peace". PEACE = a state of tranquility, freedom from oppressive thoughts/emotion, harmony, end of hostilities.
* MAKING THEMSELVES BETTER, AND ACHIEVING ALL THEIR GOALS.
* Love
* Answers! Take you for instance
* Love. People usually say happiness, but I don’t think you can have happiness without Love for yourself, Love for others and knowing you are Loved.
* true love and happiness would be my guess, but I am a typical die hard, romantic female.
* Happiness, but they forget to look inside!!!
* Life, Liberty and the pursuit of HAPPINESS
Sunday, December 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment