I read the chapter Monday when you mentioned it in the 10:06 then I read it again today.
I love the quote on pg 317 “I bring you the gift of these four words: I believe in you” What more needs to be said to make someone feel worthy and strong.
Its heart warming and it reminds me of the way my Father used to make me feel, God rest his soul.
I feel we are born with a propensity to trust and then the ragged edges of the world rip it from us. We become suspicious, callous, and closed off in our own protective shell. It might be easier not to trust, but then it would not be much of a life to live without the interaction of our fellow man…wow, am I going “out there” or what? Just feeling philosophical and will probably never be asked to email you again~ but it is true.
I choose to trust because it is in my heart and believe me this heart has been stomped on, but I will continue to trust, hopefully a little wiser aka “smart trust” Who does not want to feel this? Who would not be happy to receive your trust? People will rise to the occasion if they know they are important and are believed in. They will respond well. Once trusted and enlightened, I believe this will inspire them to pass it on.
Because as Covey so eloquently states, extending and receiving trust, rekindles the inner spirit, brings happiness and confidence and that warm and fuzzy feeling we all crave.
Thank you so much for leading us, setting the example and opening our minds and life to so much more than just the Mortgage Industry.
Lead On,
Carrie
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment